Sunday, June 15, 2008

Saturday Night Fun!

I really wanted to accomplish my 6mile weekly goal, and since I had such a short run on Monday due to the heat, I was shy about 0.5 mile. Now, I wasn't gonna get all sweaty and have to shower for such a short distance, so I ended up doing my longest run yet. Some Saturday night fun, huh? I guess that's what happens when you're an old mom. LOL! I'm treating myself to a mojito as soon as I shower, though. So, it's all good.

Here are my stats for tonight:


My eating pretty much sucked today. I'm not sure why. I had a late breakfast, and then I had nothing healthy in the house for lunch, so I ate a Bagelful - totally wasn't satisfying because I was so hungry. I did have a healthy supper of lean steak, grilled veggies and a little rice. My jello is brewing and should be just about ready for me for my before-bed snack. That's totally a bad habit, but I've switched to sf/ff jello or a 100 cal Kettle Corn. Much better than what I used to have.

Actually, since I've been running this past month, most things are much better than they used to be. I still have the old family drama, which is not suitable for my running posts, but I'm handling things differently, more calmly, looking at the big picture and trying to not be angry about things that I can't control. That's the best I can do, and running has been a great stress relief for that. And the new clothes! I'm totally enjoying shopping again. My wallet isn't enjoying it, but it's nice to finally have some in-style clothes that fit and look somewhat decent on me. I don't want to buy too much because I'm hoping my weight keeps dropping. I've only lost 4 lbs so far, but my face is thinner, my old clothes are looser, and even if people don't notice that I'm looking a bit thinner, I feel like a completely different person. And runner's high aside, that's really what gets me running.

DH is in the garage installing his Father's Day gift - a new air conditioner. For the garage. That's what he wanted. I wanted Pyrex for Mother's Day, and that's what I got. Oh well. He practically lives in there now that he bought his new table saw. We won't even get into the cost of that (care to know - google Powermatic), but he's hoping he goes on strike in August so that he has ample time to use it. Pray for me - I work from home, and I like my current, lonely schedule :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Bear said...

I see you got your blog to crosspost to LJ.

You are doing awesome with the running and I look forward to hearing your race report in a few months! :)

It's addicting, isn't it?!

Laura Lohr

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of wanting your time alone at home - some days I just enjoy being all by myself! You should read Alissa's Balancing Act blog - http://balancingact.typepad.com - she is going to be doing the Nike Women's Marathon - from everything I have read it looks totally cool! Is the half-marathon still open to registration?

By the way, were you able to get those new headphones?