Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not feeling the Run Love today

Ugh, I'm s.o.r.e. from Monday's long (for me) run. Still. I've been stretching the last couple of days, and felt that I could give my run a try today. After the first mile, my left outer calf really started to hurt. I pushed it slowly for another mile, stopping for a stretch break twice, and finally deciding I wasn't going to push it any further. I'm kind of bummed about it because I really wanted to get in one good final workout before we leave for our long weekend on Friday morning. I most likely won't get a run in until Monday. I'll bring my sneakers and Nike+ with the hopes of running this weekend, but I'm not sure I'll be able to sneak away for any length of time. We will be doing lots of walking, so the weekend won't be without exercise, but it also won't be without good food, too ;) I just need to keep reminding myself that in order to have the good days like Monday, I need to have days like today, and if I pushed myself to injury, then days like Monday would be few and far between for quite some time.

Here's the run in all its unsatisfying glory:


I guess the good news is that I went to WW today and was down 1.2 lbs, even after a small splurge of a slice of pizza, ice cream and cake at a bday party last night. I went in with a plan to eat the smallest slice of the large pizza, lots of salad, and a small serving of cake and ice cream. I guess I can be proud that I followed through with it.

Song of the day: Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar

3 comments:

The 311 Boys Mom said...

its hard to just eat ONE piece of pizza......its my favorite....I even load it with veggies, but I'm sooo hungry if I walk away after one piece...I'm sure its mental.

and cake....Holy Mary Mother of All that's DELISH!!!

I'm a sweets fanatic!!! IT’S MY BIGGEST DOWNFALL

GREAT JOB!!! I WOULD FAILED ;o)

chia said...

Woot! Sometimes its better to quit and listen to your heart than pushing it and risking injury :-). Great job and I'm happy to see another nike+ enthusiast!

Roni said...

aww man! I miss running. I can't wait to get started again!

Awesome job on the run, the loss AND the spurge! ;~)