Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Trying to get back into it...

Vacation really, really took away any enthusiasm that I had, but I'm really, really trying to get back into my running. I was on a nice streak there. I had planned to run yesterday, but I was just so busy with work, being my first day back after vacation, that the only time I could squeeze in a run was at about 4:00pm before I picked up my daughter. Unfortunately, it was way too hot at that time. I have a feeling it will be the same story today. I will try, though. I just can't deal with the heat. I'm slow enough as it is, but the heat just makes me run like a turtle!

Will be back later today to post any results. I'm not giving up at all. It's just been a tough couple of weeks not having a regular schedule. And with this being a short week, it's not making it any easier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust, me I feel your pain! I know you and I have the same weather - the thunderstorms are not helping! By the way, I'm tagging you with tonight's post - check my blog in a little bit!

RunnerMom said...

Yes, the heat just sucks the motivation out, doesn't it?

Hope you've gotten back out there in the last few days. My thing is to tell myself, "I'll just do one mile and see how it feels." Then after one, I almost always keep going at least a little. The hardest part is getting out the door.

Anonymous said...

Shawna, I hope you're getting back to running and blogging. Maybe doing some other stuff in the gym or starting to walk/power-walk will help? don't be too hard on yourself. we all need time off occasi.onally

cathy said...

How is your training going?!